I was recently at the airport and reading a magazine while waiting for the flight. I came across this thought provoking list and wanted to share with you all. It relates to the "crafty" theme since you are re-crafting your life:-), which is always a good thing!
The list is by Terri Trespicio from Whole Living magazine (Jan/Feb 2011 edition). Note: the original list is in black. My commentary is in purple.
1. Make this the year you follow through. I typically lose steam and drop the ball on important projects - I want to pick 2 things and follow through with them (one of them is this blog!)
2. Invigorate body and mind: exercise until your spirit soars. Yup, need to work on the exercise!
3. Other people may have opinions about where your life is headed, but only you have the power to prove them wrong. I don't like the part about proving others wrong because it's not about proving but being happy with the direction of your life. We need to remind ourselves that opinions are just that and we can always take action to get ourselves to where we want to be. if it's intimidating, start with small steps.
4. The path to fearless living goes straight through the roadblocks, not around them.
5. Seek out foods that sustain, nourish and warm you. I need to work on eating better too.
6. Creativity goes beyond sheer artistry; it takes courage to express your ideas. Agree. so many times we block our own creativity because we are afriad to express our ideas/not sure how others will respond to them.
7. Disagreements offer invaluable insights. Don't avoid them - study them. By studying disagreements, we learn a lot about ourselves and our partners, and perhaps we can change our behaviors or be at peace with agreeing to disagree.
8. To truly detoxify your lifetyle, think about what you can add in, not just take out. Yes, I typically focus on cutting things out but I like the part about adding things in.
9. The coziest homes aren't merely filled with stuff; they're designed to bring people closer.
10. An ending doesn't have to be sad. It's the only way to begin something new. I like this perspective.
Thanks for sharing this list Terri! I will do a post 6 months from now to check my progress on this list. Here's to learning to take better care of ourselves in 2011!