Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Colorful Candles from 2/12 Class

Over the weekend, I taught a candle class to an enthusiastic bunch at beautiful Half Moon Bay.  We had a great turnout and a very fun class.  I'm experimenting with my new camera and took a few photos. 

Feb 2011 Candle Class

On the left is a group picture of the class.  Yup it was a full house! Below are a few of the candles that we made.  I love all the bright colors and wonderful scents.
Colorful Candles
I enjoy teaching, especially crafts and hobbies because generally, the people who have signed up are interested in learning and want to be there (unlike other school or educational settings!)  It's fun for me to see the joy in students' faces as they make their very first candle.  This class is only the beginning and I welcome all my students to contact me with questions after the class - as we all know more questions come to mind once we start doing the projects on our own.  Also, feel free to send me photos of your candles or other projects - I'm happy to post them on the blog to keep the conversation going and to inspire us all. 


 I'll post student comments in the comments section of the blog soon.  Here's a sneak preview:
"Candles are doable!!"
"The class was very enjoyable and fun!  thank you!"
"Melanie packed a lot of information in a short amount of time"
"I liked all the hands on projects."
"The class presentation was great!"
 "Please offer more of your classes."
"I liked the variety of projects we made.  Melane was very knowledgeable and easy to learn from. She was helpful with projects and responding to questions."
"This was a great introduction to candles!  I can't wait to take more of your classes!"

Welcome to our new chandlers! (that's the term for candlemakers). Thanks for spending a fun Saturday morning with me.   I look forward to hearing about your candlemaking adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).