Sunday, February 13, 2011

Red Cowl - More VDay ideas

I was recently in a Winter Product Swap (will post photo soon).  One of the goodies I received was this stunning red cowl made by Melissa.  She made 25 cowls or scarfs over the course of 6 weeks, which to me is amazing!  In a six week period, I'll be lucky if I can finish a scarf.  Her handicraft is fantastic and this shade of red complements my skin tone quite well.  It's perfect for Valentine's day and I've gotten numerous compliments when I wear it.  Thanks Melissa!  To see her current knitting projects, visit her blog.  She'll have an etsy site soon and I'll post to let you know when it's up!

You can use red yarn to make cowls, hats or even a little heart pin - the possibilities are endless, but if you haven't started yet, and you're trying to make it for Valentine's day, you might need to pull an all-nighter.


1 comment:

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).