Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Reader photo: Chinese moon cakes

Thanks to Katy W. for sending in this charming photo.  She made the moon cake recipe and had a few improvements.  She thought it could use a little less butter.   And suggests a yummy variation - using peanut butter and putting a hershey's kiss on top (instead of jam) for a chocolaty new year's moon cake.  maybe I will try that!  I also love the bunny rabbit she drew for Chinese New Year. 



If you've done any of the crafts on this blog or have projects to suggest, please send them over - I'd be glad to share your experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).