Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dry skin/heel sticks

I made these dry skin/dry heel sticks over the weekend.  My skin was dry and I wanted to make a little something extra for the swap that I was in.  I've held onto the box for a long time (considering my first few posts on the honey almond cream!) These sticks are perfect for heels, elbows, knees, knuckles and other spots that get a little dry or cracked in the winter.  The essential oil blend is lavender, mint and tea tree.  As an added bonus, I've used organic tamanu oil, a "miracle" oil (click on the link to read more about it), and is known for its skin smoothing and softening properties.  Now, in our litigious society, I need to make a disclaimer -  I'm not medically claiming that this stick does anything, but it does contain tamanu oil which has healing properties. Tamanu has a spicy, nutty aroma which still comes through a little but has been slightly muted by the essential oil blend.  I hope the recipients enjoy this skin treat as much as I do.  Yes, I'm a messy pourer.  LRK, does the tray look familiar?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).