Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ending hat week on a blue note!

Here's a powder blue hat that I worked on during knit night.  It's soft and fuzzy and one of my favorite patterns, even though the yarn is a little hard to work with.  When I first learned to knit about a year and a half ago, I made a similar hat as my first project.  I like the top knot. The yarn is lion brand velvet spun and the pattern is on the yarn label.  Anyway, I made one for a baby boy who is now 6 months old, and the hat I made is still too big so I decided to make the next one a little smaller so it would work for 0-3 months.  i think this one fits the bill and I can't wait to gift it.  Who says blue is for boys?  maybe I will put a little flower to embellish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).