Ingredients (for one scoop of ice cream)
- 4 oz whole or low fat milk or combination of milk and half and half (if you use a nonfat milk, your end product will be icier and less creamy)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (for other flavors, use candy flavor oils)
- 6 tablespoons rock salt
- ice cubes
- few drops of food coloring (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- quart and gallon size zip lock bags
- towels to spread on the table - this can get messy (water-y), esp as the ice melts.
|steps 1 and 2|
2. In the smaller ziplock bag, place your milk, sugar, flavoring, and 1 or 2 drops of food coloring. You may want to double bag the smaller ziplock. Make sure the small zip lock bags are sealed and place in the larger bag.
3. Add the ice cubes tothe larger bag, seal it and start shaking. You will need to shake for 15 to 20 minutes.
|step 3 - kids shaking vigorously|
4. Continue shaking the bags until the ice cream solidifies and is a creamy texture.
5. Snip a corner off the smaller zip lock bag, and pipe the ice cream into a cup or bowl, add sprinkes and enjoy!
|cherry cola flavored ice cream w/red food coloring|
|Squeezing ice cream into the cup|
|add sprinkes and enjoy!|