(This idea by Deborah Way )
- Tag templates
- Dimensional paint
- Grosgrain ribbon
- Clear plastic container
- Card stock
- Craft knife
- Download the tag templates. Cut the pieces from felt as directed, then follow the instructions for your chosen tag below. Note: For the glue, we recommend Beacon's Kids Choice, which works well with felt.
- Monster: Add eyes with dimensional paint. Glue felt teeth inside the mouth.
- Guitar: Add details to the body and head with dimensional paint. Fold a 20-inch-long grosgrain ribbon in half and paint strings from the fold to 3-1/2 inches up. Glue the head to the end of the strings.
- Baseball: Add stitches with dimensional paint.
- For all three tags: Cut 2- by 3-inch pieces (3 by 4 inches for the monster) from a clear plastic container and from card stock. Using the window in your felt piece as a placement guide, write your recipient's name and address on the card stock. Run a line of glue along the outer edge of the larger felt piece, leaving the top free so that you can slide out the paper if needed. Attach the second felt piece. Let the glue dry, then slide the paper and plastic cover inside. Use a craft knife (a parent's job) to cut a 3/4-inch-wide slot near the top of the four layers. Thread grosgrain ribbon through the slot.