Thursday, September 8, 2011

hard boiled egg catastrophe

So making hard boiled eggs shouldn't be that hard right?  You just put eggs in water and boil them.  Well, this was the first time the eggs cracked on me while boiling.  Very embarrassing as hard boiling eggs is one of the easiest things to make!  Anyway, i figured out why the eggs cracked - they should be room temp before boiling.  I pulled them straight from the fridge and put it in the boiling water so the temperature difference between cold and hot caused the cracking.  Note to self: use room temp eggs or put eggs in water and bring to boil.  Anyway, here's a photo of the eggs - while boiling.  The parts that leaked out got cooked in the water and I was able to use them for the pink bento box below
...making lunch has been really fun lately!  This bento contains seaweed salad, home grown butternut squash, and purple rice from Taiwan.  I need to get the silicon dividers for my box - next on my list of things to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).