Monday, October 22, 2012

Honey Almond Lotion

Filled bottles all lined up and ready for caps and labels
I made some honey almond lotion to give as gifts...it has been a while since I shared the love so I thought this might be fun.  You have to work quickly to fill the bottles.  I actually had a mini-catastrophe when a bottle spilled and got all over my lab notebook.  FYI the lab notebooks is where I write down all my recipes, tweaks and notes for all the bath and body products I make.  Fortunately, I wiped it off and and while some of the writing smeared, it is still pretty legible, and now I have one very moisturized sheet of paper!  Here are the bottles lined up and cooling. 

The toughest part about this project of course is sterilizing EVERYTHING before you get started!  Because of the effort it takes to clean everything, I tend to make larger batch sizes because it is a lot of trouble to go through for just 8 ounces!  I typically make a 30 to 40 ounce batch, and believe it or not, they are all accounted for or given away in 2 to 3 days time...I can't keep them around long enough, especially now that the colder weather has set in.  Why are these called honey almond?  Because they are scented with a blend of essential oils that together smell like honey and almond!  Oils used in this batch include olive, virgin coconut and grapeseed oils!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).