Monday, April 2, 2012

Strawberry Basil water

The basil leaves are from my new herb garden, and the strawberries are organic from today's farmer's market.  I drink a lot of water, and sometimes I like to vary my drink of choice by infusing it with fruits, vegetables, or in this case both.  I love the pink color and slightly fruity essence from the strawberry, and the herbacious taste from the basil.  This is a cool refreshing natural no calorie drink.  Try it and you will love it.  Other varieties I like include:
  • Adding cucumber slices to water.  This is often done in spas, and also one of my go-to lunch spots, mixt greens
  • Adding lemon slices to water
  • Adding both lemon and cucumber slices together - very refreshing!
  • Adding orange slices
  • Adding lime wedges
Let me know what your favorite natural addition to water is!  I'm always on the lookout for new ideas.

Strawberry Basil Water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).