|Photo and craft idea from Amanda Formaro|
2 paper plates
brown craft paint
paintbrush or sponge
construction paper: yellow, white, black, and orange
1. Paint the paper plates brown and let dry.
2. Trace the patterns onto the construction paper as follows:
2 large circles - yellow
2 medium circles - white
2 small circles - white
1 triangle - orange
3. Cut out the patterns. Glue the white circle to the center o the yellow circle, then glue the black circle to the center of the white circle. Repeat.
4. Cut one of the paper plates in half for the wings. Trim the top of the remaining paper plate to form two ears at the top.
5. Glue the eyes to the front of the plate and glue the beak directly below the eyes. Glue the wings to the back of the body plate.
6. You can tape a piece of yarn to the back to create a hanger if you wish.