Monday, August 12, 2013

Future bars of lemon soap

I've been doing more cold processing soap making lately.  here's another soap I just put into the mold.  This one has base oils of olive, coconut, avocado and shea butter and scented with lemon essential oil.  It was really hard to get out of the mold so I will have to use sodium lactate next time for a harder bar of soap that will unmold a little easier.  When i pulled it out, the corners were dented because the soap was still too soft - these are just cosmetic defects and the soap is 100% usable.  These are clearly handmade soaps but fun nevertheless!

1 comment:

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).