Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Soap Swap

The Nova Studio 10th anniversary soap swap was fun!  I contributed a soap made with primarily certified organic oils and scented with lemon essential oil called lemon dream bar.  I didn't add any colorants because I was trying to keep it as natural as possible.  It's kind of a homely looking bar but the ingredients are solid:-) and the cigar bands dress it up.  I was wowed by the tree soap from little haven soap (top right in photo) as well as soapeez soap pie slice (middle left in photo)! Both are labor intensive and took several days to make!  I also liked seeing the variety in packaging; I am going to try to wrap this year's gift soaps in paper the way Ruth did (bottom row in middle). The group had 8 participants and we not only traded bars of soap but also our recipes.  Now the big decision is which soap to try first!
Wonderful soaps from the 10th anniversary swap


Lemon Dream Soap - they aren't all uniform; I need to work on that!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to participate this year! I took a BIG whiff when yours came in. They smell awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).