Monday, September 23, 2013

Sneak Peak: Lava Lamp Lip Gloss

This Saturday I will be teaching a new class called all natural lip trio at the Nova Studio.  I have spent the last 2 weeks re-making and fine-tuning recipes for this Saturday's class where students will learn to make lip balms in a pot, lip tints and lip gloss.  I'm still working on the design of the presentation and am much closer to being done than I was last week, which is a good thing!  Nothing like the reality of an upcoming class to help motivate.  This is a fun project and one of my favorites from the class - I love the color pop and hope everyone else likes it as much as I do.  At first glance, it is not that interesting but once you tilt and turn it upside down, it's very soothing and relaxing to watch the colors glide through.  Not only that but it is also good for your lips.  I experimented with the one on the far right by placing raspberry and orange layers to get a more interesting color effect - next time around, I will probably use thinner color layers so there is a larger clear area for the colors to migrate.
Bright colors in these retro-style lip glosses

2 comments:

  1. I do not remember a lip tint recipe when you offered the class at CSM. Would be interested in learning how to do that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out beautiful, Melanie! Can't wait to hear how the class goes on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).