Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaning Powder

Natural cleaning products help reduce the amount of toxins around your house.  A while back, I was in a green cleaning products swap and one of the swap cotributions was a toilet bowl cleaner.  I liked it a lot and learned the recipe was from Sandy Maine's clean naturally book.  After putting all the ingredients together, I scented it with eucalyptus, tea tree and lemon essential oils - this combination is not only antibacterial and disinfecting but also smells divine!   I get a bit of aromatherapy while I am cleaning the bathroom and I actually look forward to doing this chore!  I didn't use the coloring recommended by the book but I think I will the next time I make this - without it, the bowl water doesn't look very good
 :-( but it is very clean after.  I was able to recycle the plastic container from the original toilet bowl cleaner I got and one of the scoops from my protein powder and it is very handy in measuring the cleaner.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an awesome product, Melanie! I bet it goes well with the other products you taught in the Green Cleaning class :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to give a handmade gift?

About Me

i love to create and make. A few of my favorite things to make are soaps, dreamy creams, bath and body products, knitting, beading, paper crafts, and more! I also teach classes and offer private lessons in candlemaking, soapmaking, creams and lotions, body scrubs and other bath time treats (teas, milks, melts, bombs).